LIVE INTRODUCTORY TRAINING FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PRACTITIONERS
with Lynne Nicole Smith
The Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst
121 Pleasant St
Amherst, Ma 01002
Empower your clients with tools from Qigong and Yoga that work to heal the nervous system.
This is a training open to all practitioners who work with clients who struggle with PTSD, addiction, anxiety, fear, depression and triggers that cause significant distress.
Do you want to learn new and effective exercises that will help your clients calm and heal their nervous system? Are you interested in integrating more somatic approaches in your work that help your clients heal trauma from the inside?
Qigong is becoming more well known because it is one of the most effective ways of calming your nervous system and stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system. Yoga has a set of powerhouse tools that also induce the relaxation response in the body.
“When you repeat exercises from Qigong and Yoga over time, you increase heart rate variability and strengthen your vagus nerve function,” says Dr. Lin. “Then, the next time your sympathetic nervous system responds to a trigger, you can recover faster.”
There are simple ways of using these 2 indigenous mind/body practices in the work you do so that clients will experience relief from the distress and suffering they have experienced. Absolutely no experience in either practice is required. You don’t need a yoga mat in your office…everything is simple, easy to lead, easy to follow and tools your client will LOVE and continue to use to find relief and ease in their life.
This is research-backed and effective medicine for trauma and the nervous system.
In this training you will learn
Breathing Exercises from Qigong and Yoga that calm and ground your client when they are activated.
Self-Massage and Acupressure points specifically for emotional healing.
Simple Meditation Techniques you can share with your client to deepen self-compassion and healthy self-talk.
*Simple and Specific Movements that can be done seated, standing, live or virtual that will help with each of the following
After this day-long training you will leave with a powerful addition of two effective mind/body practices that you can use as adjunct therapy.
You will also have some self-care tools you can use in between sessions and in your work and life to avoid compasion fatigue and burn-out.
Qigong and Yoga give us the light and energy we need to help ourselves and others. Genuine healing can happen when we engage the body, mind and soul together.
Both practices provide ancient and healing wisdom that will empower both the therapist and client alike!
5 CE’s offered
“The CE Company is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The CE Company maintains responsibility for this program and its content.”
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- List and describe specific Qigong and Yoga exercises that can be used to calm and ground clients experiencing anxiety and trauma-related symptoms.
- Recite and explain the physiological mechanisms through which qigong and yoga practices impact the nervous system and promote healing.
- Demonstrate and explain self-massage and acupressure techniques from Qigong that target specific acupoints for emotional healing and nervous system regulation.
- Apply qigong and yoga techniques as adjunct therapy in the treatment of clients with anxiety and trauma-related symptoms, demonstrating appropriate sequencing and modifications.
- Create and write a self-care tool-set that therapists plan to use to bring more self-care into their work while preventing compassion fatigue.